Canvas support docs
Canvas was selected in 2018 to become the single Rutgers University learning management system (LMS), replacing—over time—Sakai, Moodle, and Blackboard. In Camden, IDT is leading the migration effort, so give us a call if you have questions! As of late summer 2019, the School of Nursing is 100% in Canvas, Camden Law has started its first semester with all courses in Canvas (note Newark Law is still in Blackboard), Business is well on its way, and Arts & Sciences is just starting a deliberate migration effort, to be completed by spring 2022.
IDT is happy to support Rutgers–Camden faculty in any teaching endeavors in Canvas. For help after hours, please contact the NB Canvas Help Desk at (877) 361-1134 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are some commonly asked questions with guides from both IDT and the Canvas Community.
Logging into Canvas at Rutgers
- Generally, log in from http://canvas.rutgers.edu (with your NetID and password)
- If that doesn’t work, it could mean the Rutgers ‘gateway’ to Canvas is down, but you can probably still log in from:
Tips from Rutgers-Camden IDT
- Moving to Canvas: First steps: 2-page intro document (.pdf)
- How do I request a course site at Rutgers?
- How do I control student access to my Canvas course?
- How do I edit notifications so I’ll receive confirmation when I post an announcement?
- How do I send an announcement to students, perhaps with an attached document?
- How can I share my screen with students using Java in Conferences?
- How can I forward email messages to all my students? (Answer: RAMS list)
Adding & editing content
- How do I upload files, like PowerPoint, Word, PDF, etc, into Modules?
- How do I upload a document to the Syllabus tool?
- How do I add a new grade column, for my in-class assignments?
- How do I download, mark, and re-upload student submissions from Assignments?
- How do I share a quiz with another instructor?
- How do I display student names in Grades as “last name, first name”?
- Can students alter their own grades? (quick answer: no!)
Migrating from Sakai to Canvas
NOTE: If you are teaching at Rutgers-Camden, please contact us (856 225 6090 or email@example.com)
Tips from the Canvas Community
- How do I make an announcement in a course?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I create a peer review assignment?
- How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I upload a file to a course?
- How do I delete a file or folder as an instructor?
- How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook?
- How do I leave comments for students in the Gradebook?
- How do I use the People page as an instructor?
- How do I edit my profile in my user account as an instructor?
- How do I view a course using a test student?
- How do I get to SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I grade a discussion in SpeedGrader?
- How do I import course content from another Canvas course?
- How do I excuse a student from an Assignment?
- How do I allow extended time or re-takes for individual students’ in Quiz tool?
- How do I create ‘appointment groups’ in the Calendar so students can sign up for meetings? (Note: Scheduler is enabled at Rutgers.)
Public Canvas site “Faculty Orientation”
from NB Office of Instructional Design
Still need help?
If your question isn’t answered here, you can find more Canvas tip sheets on the Canvas Instructor Guide. As always, all Rutgers–Camden faculty members and instructors are welcome to contact us at 856 225 6090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.