Canvas support docs
Canvas is one of Rutgers’ newest learning management systems, used in the Pearson-managed online programs, in the Camden School of Nursing, and by some instructors in the School of Business Camden.
IDT is happy to support you in any teaching endeavors in Canvas. For help after hours, please contact the New Brunswick Canvas Help Desk at (877) 361-1134 or email@example.com. Below are some commonly asked questions with guides from both IDT and the Canvas Community.
Tips from Rutgers-Camden IDT
- Moving to Canvas: First steps: 2-page intro document (.pdf)
- How do I request a course site at Rutgers?
- How do I upload files, like PowerPoint, Word, PDF, etc, into Modules?
- How do I add a new grade column, for my in-class assignments?
- How do I control student access to my Canvas course?
- How do I display student names in Grades as “last name, first name”?
- Can students alter their own grades? (quick answer: no!)
- How do I share a quiz with another instructor?
Tips from the Canvas Community
- How do I make an announcement in a course?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I create a peer review assignment?
- How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I upload a file to a course?
- How do I delete a file or folder as an instructor?
- How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook?
- How do I leave comments for students in the Gradebook?
- How do I use the People page as an instructor?
- How do I edit my profile in my user account as an instructor?
- How do I view a course using a test student?
- How do I get to SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I grade a graded discussion in SpeedGrader?
- How do I import course content from another Canvas course?
Still need help?
If your question isn’t answered here, you can find more Canvas tip sheets on the Canvas Instructor Guide.