You can create appointment sign-ups in Canvas using the Canvas Calendar for individual student appointments or for students to sign up in small groups.
- Click on Calendar in the left-hand menu
- On the right-hand side are your courses. Make sure that the box next to the course name is filled in, or else you won’t be able to add to that calendar. If it is grayed out, click on the box to fill it in.
- Click on gray + button (in the upper right) to create a new event.
- Select Appointment Group tab.
- Enter the Name and Location.
- Click on Select Calendar. Then select the class(es) that you want to have access to that calendar.
- Click Done.
- Enter dates and time ranges for appointment group blocks. This creates initial large blocks of time for appointments to take place.
- To create multiple appointment slots within those times periods (i.e. 15-minute increments between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.), adjust the amount of time allotted in the section that says divide into equal slots of __ minutes.
- Press Go.
- Under Options, select the number of students allowed to sign up for each time slot.
- If multiple students are allowed to sign up for each time slot, you can choose to check the box allowing students to see who signed up for the slot.
- You can also limit the number of appointments that a student can sign up for.
- Click Publish. This will add appointments to the calendar for students to sign up.
- Once a student signs up, you will be able to see it by clicking on the time slot.
This video demonstrates how to create the appointment slots: