Step 1: Request classroom recording
Note: recording options usually become available a few weeks before the semester begins.
- Log in with your NetID to https://rucams.camden.rutgers.edu
- Select the course for which you want recordings (confirm the correct semester)
- From the session list, you can A) select only specific days to record or B) click the “Record All” button at the bottom right
- If you selected specific days, click the “Schedule Recordings” button at the bottom of the page to reach the Recording Options pop-up
- If you click Record All, the Recording Options will pop up
- Recording Options:
- If you will be sharing all recordings automatically with your students, select Yes for “Add Course Podcast”
- If you don’t want video, select Yes for “Record Audio Only”
- If you want to manually choose which recordings you’ll share with students, and when, select Yes for “Upload to Kaltura”
- If you want to know which students review the recordings, select Yes for “Track Playback”
- Now click the “Schedule Recordings” button again
- Note: If you chose Record All and want to eliminate certain dates from recording, click the Edit box and change “Cancel Recording” to Yes and then Save.
Step 2: Share automatically from your Canvas or Sakai site
These steps will make all of your scheduled recordings automatically available to your students. Please contact us at 856-225-6090 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to make the videos available, but would prefer to review them first.
- After requesting recordings (see above), copy the “Podcast URL” from the top of your course’s RUCams page; it will look begin like this, with a unique code at the end: Podcast Url: https://services-public.rcit.rutgers.edu/av-request/<unique code>
- Canvas Instructions
- Go to your course site in Canvas and click on Settings, the last option in the left-hand course menu
- Select the Apps tab at the top. In the search bar that says “Filter by name,” type in “redirect.” Note that the blue “All” button should be selected to the left of the search bar. The redirect tool should appear in the area below. It looks like a folded over blue arrow.
- Click the arrow icon representing the Redirect Tool.
- Click “Add App” (install first if necessary)
- A pop up window should appear. Enter “Class Recordings” for Name. For “URL Redirect,” paste the Podcast URL that you copied from Step 1.
- We recommend A) unchecking “Force open in new tab” and B) checking “Show in Course Navigation”.
- Click “Add App”
- Sakai Instructions
- Go to your course site and click on Site Info
- Click on Manage Tools
- Scroll down to Content Sharing and expand the menu options
- Check off the box for Web Content
- Scroll down and click Continue
- Change the title of the tool to Class Recordings
- In the Source box, paste the Podcast URL that you previously copied
- Click Continue, then scroll down to click Finish
- The “Class Recordings” link should now display in your course menu. You might need to wait a moment or refresh your course home page in Canvas