Web conferencing is primarily supported at Rutgers–Camden by Rutgers Camden IT. Please contact IT for hardware, software, and connectivity issues. On the other hand, we are happy to help, as possible, with issues specific to your teaching in Canvas with Zoom or Big Blue Button (also called ‘Conferences’ in Canvas).
Zoom in Canvas
Zoom is our recommended web conferencing tool for holding class meetings through your Canvas course site. It’s been available as a Canvas tool since July 2020.
- Primary IT support page for Zoom at Rutgers
- Zoom error (‘the instructor’s email is invalid’)
- Teaching with Zoom
- For students: Accessing Zoom meetings and cloud recording from Canvas
- Share locally-saved Zoom recordings with students
- Configuring Zoom meetings in Rutgers Zoom portal (to import back to Canvas)
Big Blue Button in Canvas
Big Blue Button is another web conferencing tool available in Canvas. It appears in the tool menu as Conferences. NOTE: this was the only option for web conferencing prior to summer 2020, when we added Zoom and Webex tools to our Canvas options.