Web conferencing is primarily supported at Rutgers–Camden by Rutgers Camden IT. Please contact IT for hardware, software, and connectivity issues. On the other hand, we here at IDT are happy to help, as possible, with issues specific to your teaching in Canvas with Zoom or BigBlueButton.
Zoom in Canvas
Zoom is our recommended web conferencing tool for holding class meetings through your Canvas course site.
- Primary IT support page for Zoom at Rutgers
- Zoom error (‘the instructor’s email is invalid’)
- Teaching with Zoom
- Creating a semester-long meeting for office hours, student conferences, etc
- Configuring Zoom meetings in Rutgers Zoom portal (to import back to Canvas)
- Zoom recordings
BigBlueButton in Canvas
BigBlueButton was the original web conferencing tool available in Canvas. We recommend using Zoom instead of BBB in most cases.
- From Rutgers IT: Overview of BBB at Rutgers
- From Rutgers IT: Tips for using BBB
- Tips for teaching in BBB
- Hosting an online meeting with BigBlueButton
- Invite guests to BBB conference
- How do I share my screen in BigBlueButton?
- How do I share video during BBB meeting?
- How do I download a BBB recording?