Posted at 1:26 p.m. Dec. 2, 2019, by Emily Corse in Canvas, Communication, Online
Occasionally, you or your students may be unable to make the trip into Camden. Here are some options you might consider:
- If campus is officially closed, you may not be permitted to hold a required alternative class. (Is this true? I haven’t yet found an official policy statement on this.)
- If you’ll be in the classroom, but want to give your students the ability to watch a class recording later
- schedule the in-classroom RUCams system to record your class session
- If you’ll be off campus, but want your students to join you live for an online class: use the Canvas Conference tool which uses a system called BigBlueButton (similar to WebEx, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Skype, etc.)
- If you want to simply record a lecture, which could be a video of you speaking directly to the camera OR a narrated slideshow: use the KalturaCapture tool licensed by Rutgers and linked from Canvas
- How can I launch Kaltura from within my LMS? (Sakai or Canvas)
- audio only…
- to record yourself talking to camera: How can I record a video with my webcam using Kaltura?
- to record your slides with narration: How can I record a presentation/record my screen using Kaltura?
- How do I embed Kaltura media on a Canvas page?