Posted at 9:16 p.m. May 22, 2017, by Emily Corse in Canvas, Kaltura
If you’re teaching with Canvas, you can embed videos from your Kaltura account into any Canvas page with the Rich Text Editor. Note: you must create and upload your videos to My Kaltura Media first. While editing the page:
- Look for the “Tools” menu at the top of the toolbar
- The first time you click on Tools, click Apps and then “View all.” A menu will appear (see the image below). Click on Embed Kaltura Media. You should then be able to select a video to embed in the text editor. This will also add “Embed Kaltura Media” to your Tools menu.
- Next time you click Tools and then Apps, you’ll see the Embed Kaltura Media option:
- Find the video you want from the list of files stored in your MyKalturaMedia.
- Click the “Embed” button to the right of the video.
- Back in the editor window, you will see a placeholder box in your page.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the editor page to save your page—and your embedded video should be ready to play.
See more Kaltura tips.