If you’re teaching with Canvas, you can embed videos from your Kaltura account into any Canvas page with the Rich Text Editor. Note: you must create and upload your videos to My Media first. While editing the page:
- Look for the “Tools” menu at the top of the toolbar
- The first time you click on Tools, click Apps and then “View all.” A menu will appear (see image below). Click the text below Embed Kaltura MediaYou should then be able to select a video to embed in the text editor. This will also add “Embed Kaltura Media” to your Tools menu.
- Next time you click Tools and then Apps, you’ll see the Embed Kaltura Media option:
- Find the video you want from the list of files stored in your Kaltura MyMedia space.
- Click the “Select” button to the right of the video.
- Click the dropdown arrow at the right of the Select button to change size and resolution of the embedded video.
- Back in the editor window, you will see a placeholder box in your page.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the editor page to save your page—and your embedded video should be ready to play.
See more Kaltura tips.