Posted at 4 p.m. Dec. 2, 2019, by Emily Corse in Kaltura
You’ll first need to view the instructions on how to access and install Kaltura before you can make an audio recording. These directions are for creating new audio file with just a microphone on your computer.
- Make sure your webcam (or mic) is connected to your computer before you start—most modern laptops have built-in webcams and mics
- Log into Canvas and click the My Kaltura Media tab in the red global navigation menu on the far left. (Kaltura Capture is no longer available through the Kaltura Course Gallery within a course. Kaltura Express is, however.)
- From My Kaltura Media click the blue “+ Add New” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select Kaltura Personal Capture.
- Your computer may ask permission to launch the KalturaCapture application; say yes
- KalturaCapture will open on your computer
- Set it to record from your mic (audio) only: turn off the screen and webcam option by clicking them; only Audio should be on
- Click the red record button and you will get a 3-2-1 countdown and… speak your piece!
- During recording, the red button toggles between Pause and Record; click the grey square to Stop
- A preview of the audio file will appear; you can press play to hear it
- Input a title for the recording next to “Title”
- Click Save and Upload
- Your recording should then be available in “My Kaltura Media” in Canvas, although it may take some moments to process. You can add it to the Kaltura Course Gallery the same way you would for a video.