skip to main content
Home » Kaltura » Kaltura: record audio only

Kaltura: record audio only

Posted at 4 p.m. Dec. 2, 2019, by in Kaltura

You’ll first need to view the instructions on how to access and install Kaltura before you can make an audio recording. These directions are for creating new audio file with just a microphone on your computer.

1. Make sure your webcam (or mic) is connected to your computer before you start—most modern laptops have built-in webcams and mics
  2. Log into your LMS (Sakai, Canvas) and click the My Media link
    1. In Sakai, this is available on the left-hand menu under “My Workspace”
    2. In Canvas, My Media is a tool that is added to your individual courses; if you don’t see My Media in the course menu, you must enable the tool from Settings / Navigation
  3. From My Media, click the blue “Add New” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
  4. Your computer may ask permission to launch the KalturaCapture application; say yes
  5. KalturaCapture will open on your computer
  6. Set it to record from your mic (audio) only: turn off the screen and webcam option by clicking them; only Audio should be on
  7. Click the red record button and you will get a 3-2-1 countdown and… speak your piece!
  8. During recording, the red button toggles between Pause and Record; click the grey square to Stop
  9. A preview of the audio file will appear; you can press play to hear it
  10. Input a title for the video next to “Title”
  11. Click Upload
  12. Your video should then be available under “My Media” in your LMS, although it may take some moments to process.
  13. To share this new video with your students, see:
Icons made by Madebyoliver from www.flaticon.com.