You’ll first need to view the instructions on accessing and installing Kaltura Capture before making a webcam recording. These directions are for creating a new video with just a webcam and mic.
- Make sure your webcam is connected to your computer before you start
- Log into Canvas and find My Kaltura Media from the red global navigation menu.
- Click the blue “Add New” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Kaltura Personal Capture from the drop-down list. Selecting Express Capture limits your recording options. (If you are recording from outside of Canvas in the Kaltura MediaSpace, select the + Create button and then Capture. Otherwise, the directions are the same.)
- Your computer will ask you to Open Kaltura Capture.
- The Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder will open on your computer. Choose the camera and audio icons. Select the red button to start your recording. (See image)
- Speak your piece, then select the gray square to stop the recording
- A new recording window will appear where you can preview the video.
- You can also update the title of the video and add a description.
- Click Save and Upload. (See image below)
- Your video should be available under “My Kaltura Media” in Canvas.