If you are unable to use the Java screenshare option within Conferences, please try the following:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of Java installed. You can download Java here.
If you are receiving an error that states the .jnlp file cannot be opened, follow these steps (for Windows users):
- Locate the screenshare .jnlp file in your Downloads folder.
- Right-click on the file and select ‘Properties.’
- The “Opens with:” property should say Java(™) Web Start Launcher. If it does not say this, select ‘Change…’
- When prompted “How do you want to open .jnlp files from now on?’ select ‘More apps’
- Click ‘Look for another app on this PC’
- From Program Files, select Java, then open jre.18.0_151, then select ‘bin’
- Select the file ‘javaws’ then click open.
Once you save this file as the default ‘Open with’ setting, you can restart the screenshare in your Conferences meeting and the jnlp file will open correctly.
Click here to view this troubleshooting guide with pictures.