See Getting started with Kaltura for more information. These specific directions are for creating new video featuring slides or a screencast, plus audio, with an optional floating mini webcam video.
* Note: that Kaltura’s Record a Presentation feature requires downloading and installing the free application Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
- Make sure your webcam, or at least a mic, is connected to your computer before you start.
- Log into Kaltura with your Rutgers NetID, from the “Guest” drop-down menu at the top-right corner
- After logging in, you should see the “Add new” drop-down menu to the left of your name
- Select “Record a Presentation” and you’ll be presented with the download page
- The first time you use this feature, you should download and install either the Mac or Windows version of the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder [note that in subsequent sessions from the same computer, you do not need to reinstall—just wait and it will launch]
- Select the combo you’d like to record, for instance, “screen” (note all options include audio from mic)
- Choose to record your full screen or just a selected area (which will require clicking “select area” to specify the window to record)
- You’ll get a 5-second countdown before the recording starts
- Press <alt>-p to pause the recording
- Click Done (or cancel if necessary!)
- The new video will immediately play back; click Done in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Type the name of your new video and click Upload to save it to the Kaltura streaming server
- Return to Kaltura web page and click My Media to see your new video
- If you want to share the video, click on it and from the Actions button choose Publish and Unlisted, then Save