If you have narrated PowerPoint files you wish to share with students in Canvas, the best way to do that is to export the PP as a video (mp4), upload it to Kaltura MyMedia, and then share it with your students from your course Canvas site. Should work from Mac or PC.
- From PowerPoint, open your narrated slideshow and click Files / Export
- Choose file type MP4 and save to your computer
- If that option is not available; contact OIT to upgrade PowerPoint
- Exporting can take some time; wait until it is complete
- Now go to the account menu in Canvas (click your avatar at top of left-hand toolbar) and select My Media
- In My Media, click the Add New button and choose Media Upload
- Select your MP4 movie file and watch it upload to the Kaltura server (your My Media folder)
- After the upload completes (will take a while with large files), confirm the video’s title and click Save at the bottom of the page
- You can leave this page or upload another file (there is a link to My Media at the bottom of the page)
- After uploading, the movie files will be processed by the Kaltura server and guess what? You have to wait some more
- But in the meantime, even before the processing is done, you can embed these videos in your Canvas page; see: How do I embed Kaltura media on a Canvas page (or announcement or discussions etc)? Note that you and your students can’t actually watch the Kaltura video until after it completes processing, and that timeframe may vary.