You can trim the beginning or end off of your Kaltura video from with your LMS (Sakai, Canvas, eCollege) or from the website http://ru-stream.rutgers.edu. If you’re in your LMS, click on the “My Media” button (found under “My Workspace” in Sakai, or within your individual course in Canvas or eCollege). Note that this will replace your original full-length video. If you want to retain the original video, you should use the “Create clip” option instead.
- click the gray “Edit” button to the right of the video you want to trim.
- click the “Trim Video” tab (the last tab on the right).
- there are two methods you can use to set the video’s starting point (thus trimming from the beginning of the video)
- you can play your video until you’ve reached the point at which you’d like the video to officially start. Click the “set starting point” gray button in the lower left-hand corner. OR
- you can drag the white open square bracket on the left-hand side of the timeline to the point at which you’d like the video to officially start. (see image to the right)
- you can then use the same methods to choose the video’s ending point (thus trimming the end of the video).
- click the blue “Trim Video” button
- a warning pop-up box will appear asking if you are sure you want to trim the video; click “Trim video” button again.