When using Kaltura in Canvas, you can share videos with your course site by using a tool called “Kaltura Course Gallery.” However, videos in your Kaltura Course Gallery cannot be ordered in a specific way and can often appear disorganized. The best way to organize your videos in Kaltura Course Gallery is to use playlists. Here’s how you can create playlists in your Kaltura Course Gallery.
How to add a playlist to your Kaltura Course Gallery
First: share your videos with your course’s Kaltura Course Gallery.
- click Kaltura Course Gallery in your course site
- click blue “+Add Media” button in upper left
- select your videos by clicking the check box to the upper left of each video. You can also use the search bar in the upper right to quickly find the video(s) you would like to share.
- click the blue “Publish” button in the upper right.
Second: create your playlist.
- click the gray channels action button in the upper right-hand corner. (see image)
- choose Edit.
- the first screen you see is the details for your gallery. If you like, you can provide a description and tags here.
- click the Playlist tab.
- click the blue “+ Create Channel Playlist” button on the right.
- input a title for your playlist and a description and tags if you would like.
- click on “Create”
- if you select My Media in the upper left dropdown menu to add to your playlist, you select from all your Kaltura media.
- if you select Media Gallery, you will select only from videos added to this specific course.
- click the blue “+” button to the right of each video that you would like to add to the playlist. You can click the Add button for more than one video if you want to add multiple videos at once. The videos appearing in the playlist will appear on the right-hand side of the screen, underneath your playlist title (see image below).
- you can then re-order the videos on the righthand side of the screen. Select the two horizontal lines to the left of the video. Drag the video into the order in which you’d like it to appear.
- select the three dots to the right of a video to remove it from the playlist. There are more move options there as well.
- when you are done, click “Go to Media Gallery” to return to your Kaltura Course Gallery and view your playlist. Under the Home Tab, you will see your playlist. Under the Media Tab, you will see all your Kaltura Course Gallery Videos.