When using Kaltura in any LMS, you can share videos with your course site by using a tool called “Media Gallery.” However, videos in your Media Gallery cannot be ordered in a specific way and can often appear disorganized. The best way to organize your videos in Media Gallery is to use playlists. Here’s how you can create playlists in your Media Gallery.
How to add a playlist to your Media Gallery
First: share your videos with your course’s Media Gallery.
- click Media Gallery in your course site
- click blue “+Add Media” button in upper left
- select your videos by clicking the check box to the upper left of each video. You can also use the search bar in the upper right to quickly find the video(s) you would like to share.
- click the blue “+Publish” button in the upper right.
Second: create your playlist.
- click the gray “Actions” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- choose Edit.
- click the Playlist tab on the left.
- click the blue “Create New” button on the right.
- click Manual Playlist.
- input a title for your playlist, and a description if you would like.
- click on “Add Media” to expand options for adding videos to the playlist.
- click the blue “Add” button to the right of each video that you would like to add to the playlist. You can click the Add button for more than one video if you want to add multiple videos at once. The videos that will appear in the playlist will show up on the righthand side of the screen, underneath your playlist title (see image below).
- you can then re-order the videos on the righthand side of the screen. Two small black arrows appear to the upper-left of each video. Click on the arrow icons and drag the videos into the order in which you’d like them to appear.
- click the blue “Save” button.
- click “Media Gallery” to return to your Media Gallery and view your playlist.