You can create a video clip of a longer Kaltura video from within your LMS (Sakai, Canvas, eCollege) or from the website http://ru-stream.rutgers.edu. If you’re in your LMS, click on the “My Media” button (found under “My Workspace” in Sakai, or within your individual course in Canvas or eCollege).
- click the gray “Edit” button to the right of the video you want to trim.
- click the gray “Create clip” button on the right-hand side of the page.
- there are two methods you can use to set the video clip’s starting point
- you can play your video until you’ve reached the point at which you’d like the video clip to officially start. Click the “set starting point” gray button in the lower left-hand corner. OR
- you can drag the white open square bracket on the left-hand side of the timeline to the point at which you’d like the video to officially start. (see image)
- you can then use the same methods to choose the end of the video clip.
- input a title for your new video clip next to “Name.” You can also input a description if you’d like.
- choose a privacy setting: if you want to share this video clip, you should choose Unlisted or Published.
- click blue “Create Clip” button