Preparing a remote instruction plan
IDT is committed to helping our Rutgers-Camden faculty prepare for any potential disruption to our spring schedule. Per President Barchi’s email on 3/9, faculty should prepare a remote-instruction plan by Wednesday, 3/18. For a list of possible remote teaching tools and strategies, please view our Teaching Remotely support page.
Web conferencing workshops
We are also offering several workshops in the coming days, addressing the potential need for live-conferencing tools. We will be highlighting the video conference tool Big Blue Button, which has integrations in both Sakai (called ‘Meetings’) and Canvas (called ‘Conferences’). These workshops will be targeted to specific faculty. We invite you to attend one of the following sessions:
- Nursing faculty
- Wednesday, 3/11 (11:30-12:00) NSB 201
- Thursday, 3/12 (1:15-1:45) NSB 201
- Law faculty
- Tuesday, 3/10 (12:30-1:00) Law E-112
- Wednesday 3/11 (1:30-2:00) Law faculty lounge
- Business faculty
- Tuesday, 3/10 (1:15-1:45) BSB 420
- Wednesday, 3/11 (11:30-12:00) BSB 420
- FAS faculty
- Tuesday, 3/10 (1:15-1:45) West Law 106
- Thursday, 3/12 (1:15-1:45) West Law 106
- Friday, 3/13 (11:30-12:00) West Law 106
We invite faculty to attend our drop-in hours held daily at Robeson Library in room 256 for help preparing their remote instruction plans.
We have expanded our evening hours this week (Tuesday 3/10, Wednesday 3/11, Thursday 3/12) to better serve our PTL faculty. Please drop-in to see Carly Finkel from 4:30-6:00 in BSB 120.