Adding VoiceThread to your Sakai or Canvas course
Adding VoiceThread is simple in both Sakai and Canvas. Once you have added the tool to your site, both you and your students have access to VoiceThread without having to sign up for an account.
- Adding VoiceThread to a Sakai site- follow these instructions and choose the VoiceThread tool during step 5
- Adding VoiceThread to a Canvas site
Adding an “Identity” to VoiceThread
Each VoiceThread user (all instructors and students) must add an Identity to their account. If no Identity is added, when the user leaves comments, there is no way to identify by whom the comment was made.
The first thing your students should do to use VoiceThread is add an Identity. See the “Student documentation” page for instructional material you can provide your students that demonstrates how they can do this.
How to add an identity
- Access VoiceThread from within your LMS. (Note: In Sakai, you may need to click a button “Press to continue to external tool” when accessing VoiceThread)
- Click on the hamburger icon (3 horizontal lines) that appears in the upper left of the VoiceThread screen
- Choose “Go to VT Home.”
- While in VoiceThread: click on your email address in the upper right hand corner
- Click “My Identities”
- Click the green plus button
- Enter your name as you want it displayed to other users (exs: Dr. Smith, Prof. Doe)
- Add a photo by choosing “Upload from computer” or “Take a photo with webcam”