Call for Participants: Rutgers–Camden Digital Teaching Fellows
Read about last year’s workshops in our Digital Teaching Fellows 2018 report.
Since the first Digital Teaching Fellowships were awarded in 2014, the program has energized several cohorts of full-time faculty members to re-design courses, embedding cutting-edge classroom technologies for engaging students. Academic department chairs agree that the program not only improves instruction by the Fellows, but also spreads enthusiasm for new classroom techniques among colleagues. Camden deans Ganesh, Marchitello, Mutcherson, and Nickitas have funded the program again, for 2019.
Full-time Rutgers-Camden faculty, if you are interested in joining this distinguished fellowship, please complete the online application below no later than April 15, 2019. No baseline digital experience is required, but you must designate at least one class you will be teaching in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 that you will redesign over this summer. The group is limited to 25 participants.
- Fellows must commit to:
- two full-day workshops on Wednesday, May 29th and Thursday, May 30th;
- the completed re-design of the proposed course; and
- a brief presentation of your project, delivered to colleagues in an upcoming semester.
- Fellows will receive:
- an iPad Air on acceptance to program;
- a stipend of $500 upon May workshops completion; and
- a second stipend of $500 after presentation of the course re-design.
The application period for the 2019 Fellowship is now open. Applications will be accepted until Monday, 4/15. Please contact email@example.com with any questions about the program or application process.