Virtual Coffee with IDT series
This fall, we’ll briefly demonstrate three different types of student resources you can easily incorporate into your classes. We know the past eighteen months have been demanding—this won’t require you to learn new tools!
In these casual virtual coffee hours via Zoom, IDT will offer some useful resources your students can use (about 20 minutes), followed by a group chat about how your fall classes are going (30-40 minutes). You’ll have an opportunity to suggest some conversation starters when you register; please do!
Attendance limited to 20 participants per workshop; register now! Dates and times don’t work for you? Register to request the workshop recordings.
Workshop dates and topics:
- Library reading lists and media: Presented by Zara Wilkinson from the Paul Robeson Library. Wednesday, Nov. 3 (free period, 11:20am-12:20pm)
- Would you like to easily create and share a reading list of library resources (books and articles) from your Canvas site? How about adding full-length documentaries or other films for your students to watch outside of class time? Learn about what resources the library has to offer your classes.
- LinkedIn Learning: Friday, Nov. 12 (free period, 11:20am-12:20pm)
- Rutgers gives you and your students unlimited access to a plethora of professional educational video “mini lectures” via LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda). You can create optional resource links or even assign LinkedIn lessons to augment your own materials.
- Tech tips for your students: Thursday, Nov. 18 (free period, 12:45pm-1:45pm)
- Would you like to make sure your students can participate fully with the tech you use in your Canvas site? Would you like to encourage them to learn more about recording video, adding to VoiceThreads, creating compelling multimedia presentations? Get easy links to share with your students!
The Zoom link will be sent the day before the workshop. Recordings (presentation only) will be sent to all registrants after the workshop.