Step 1: Request classroom recording
***Important*** This system works only for Law instructors teaching in Camden classrooms—and recording options usually become available a couple of weeks before the semester begins.
- Log in with your NetID to https://rucams.camden.rutgers.edu
- Select the course for which you want recordings
- From the session list, you can select specific days/times to record, or select all
- to select all, scroll to the bottom of the page and check “Select all bookings”
- you can UNcheck individual meetings if necessary
- From the box at the bottom:
- The second drop-down menu is called “Add Course Podcast.” Select yes from this menu
- There should also be small text below the drop-down menus that states “This option enables videos to be posted automatically to your Sakai and Canvas sites once recorded. Please note that this requires a one time setup of your site with the following integration url:” Copy the URL that appears after this statement. You’ll need it for Step 2, Option 1.
Step 2: Share from your Canvas site:
These steps will make all of your scheduled recordings automatically available to your students. Please contact us at 856-225-6090 or at email@example.com if you’d like to make the videos available, but would prefer to review them first.
- Go to your course site in Canvas and click on Settings, the last option in the left-hand course menu.
- Select the Apps tab at the top if necessary. In the search bar that says “Filter by name,” type in “redirect.” Note that the blue “All” button should be selected to the left of the search bar. The redirect tool should appear in the area below. It looks like a folded over blue arrow.
- Click the arrow icon representing the Redirect Tool.
- Click “Add App” (install first if necessary)
- A pop up window should appear. Enter “Class Recordings” for Name. For “URL Redirect,” paste the integration URL that you copied from Step 1.
- We recommend unchecking “Force open in new tab” and checking “Show in Course Navigation”.
- Click “Add App”
- The “Class Recordings” link should now display in your course menu.