Responding to & grading discussions
Note this video has 3 chapters: Navigating discussions, reading & responding to discussions, and grading discussions. You can jump to/navigate to each chapter by clicking on the hamburger icon (the 3 horizontal stacked lines) in the upper left hand corner of the video to expand chapter choices. To re-collapse the chapter choices, click on the icon again.
Steps to respond to & grade discussions
- Go to Forums in your Sakai site.To the right of the discussion topic you’d like to grade, click the “More” button, then choose “Grade.”
- Click on each student’s name to review all of their posts and replies in the discussion.
- Close the pop-up window to return to the screen in which you can input grades.
- Input the students’ score in the second to last column. If you want to give the student private feedback, you can also click “Show Comments” at the top of the last column to reveal a commenting box.
- When you’re finished, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Submit Grades” in the lower right-hand corner.