Many exam questions may be automatically graded, such as multiple choice and true/false. If you have essay questions, of course you will grade those yourself.
While you are logged into your course:
- Click on Gradebook from the course toolbar across the top of the page.
- At the “Select Gradebook View” option, choose the exam’s module or “Show All.”
- Click on the exam title at the top of the column.
- You will see a chart with student names at the left and details about their exam grades, dates, time elapsed, etc.
- To begin grading, click the student’s name.
- In the pop-up “Grade Detail View” box, scroll down to see each question and the student’s response. Enter a numeric score and comments, if needed, for each question. Be sure to click the “Save” button frequently!
- When you are done with the first student’s grades, click Save and confirm the total score at the top of the box.
- After saving, you can use the right-arrow button in the student box to move to the next student’s submission.