eCollege: Adding YouTube videos to Text/Multimedia pages
You can embed a YouTube video into an eCollege content item of the type “text/multimedia.”
- Find the exact YouTube video you wish to use in your eCollege course
- Under the video, on the YouTube page, click the button labeled “Share,” then click “Embed,” which will display the “embed code” for your specific video (generally begins with “<iframe width=…”). Click in the code to select the entire string, then press <ctrl>-C on your keyboard to copy it to your computer’s short-term memory.
- Log into eCollege and open the correct course site
- Click the appropriate content item (e.g., “Week 3 Lecture”) from the left hand course menu (if necessary, create a new content item)
- Click the “Author” tab above the left-hand menu to enter editing mode
- At the bottom left of the editing box, click the HTML button to enter code view
This view may not look pretty, but this is where the embed code must end up!
- Now you must search through the ugly HTML code to find the correct spot to paste your “embed code.” Make sure you put the cursor outside of any angle brackets (such as <br>), then press <ctrl>-V on your keyboard to paste the embed code into the editor.
- Now click “Design” at the bottom of the editing window to return to your regular editing view.
- Don’t forget to click SAVE
- Return to Course view to see how the page looks.