eCollege: Add a syllabus
- Click on the Syllabus link under Course Home (you should see a blank syllabus page), then click the Author tab.
- Click the link for “instructor information” to fill in details about you. In most cases, you’ll want to click the ‘Yes’ button for “display on syllabus.” If you would like to add a paragraph about yourself, type it into the large white editing box. Finally, click “Save Changes.”
- To see how your instructor information will be displayed, click the “Course” tab at the top left of your screen.
- Now click the “Author” tab again to continue creating your syllabus.
Adding your syllabus manually (typing or copying/pasting text)
- You will begin adding syllabus items, which you can think of as chunks of information on your syllabus, such as: course description, attendance, grading, etc.
- At the top of the syllabus Author page, in the Add Syllabus Items section, select “Compose text item,” then click the Add button.
- Fill in the title for this item, which will be the heading for this section of your syllabus, such as “Course Description.”
- In the large editing box, type or paste in the text for this section and click “Add Item.”
- Again, to see how this information will display, you can click the Course tab. Return to the Author tab and add your next section the same way.
Uploading a Word document (must be in .doc/.docx format)
Uploading a syllabus in this format will override anything you have written in choosing to “Compose text item” area (as described above).
- At top of the syllabus Author page, click “Upload Microsoft Word Syllabus”
- Click the “Browse” button and choose the syllabus file from your computer
- Click “Upload and Convert File”
- To preview your uploaded syllabus, you can click the Course tab.