Sakai: Directions for non-Rutgers participants
If you are invited to participate in a Sakai site hosted at Rutgers, you will receive an email message containing a link to create a new password. If you don’t see that message, you might want to check your spam folder.
- Log into Sakai with your full email address (e.g., email@example.com) and the password you just created
- If you can’t find the link that was sent to you, you can request a password change but only with the email address at which you were invited (in the “For other users, who have registered in Sakai with an email address” section, enter your email address then click the Change Password button)
- In general, you will access Sakai at http://sakai.rutgers.edu, using the “Email Login” button at the top-right corner of the screen (NetID login is only for official Rutgers people)
- Now explore your new Sakai site. You’ll see the site to which you’ve been invited as a “tab” along the top, next to the “My Workspace” tab
- Click on the site tab
- Notice the tools down the left-hand column (different sites may offer different tools). Some common tools include:
- HOME – may include course description and recent announcements, or other info
- ANNOUNCEMENTS – generally displays all the announcements made by your site administrators
- RESOURCES – most common repository for documents, including readings, PowerPoint lectures, web links, etc. Click on the document you want, then choose “open” or “save”
- FORUMS – bulletin-board-style, threaded discussions. Click on the topic you’d like to read and click the “New Conversation” button to create a new thread.
- Be sure to log off when you’re done with Sakai, from the top-right corner