Posted at 10:35 a.m. Aug. 14, 2014, by Christie DeCarolis
in Getting Started
Sakai: Create a project site
- Log into Sakai with your Rutgers NetID and password at http://sakai.rutgers.edu
- From the “My Workspace” tab (at the top left), click “worksite setup” in the left-hand tool bar
click New at the top
- Choose “Project site”; click Continue
- Enter a site title (e.g., “Camden Green Committee”) and a site description, generally ignore the short description unless your project will be open to all, confirm contact details; click Continue
- Check off the tools you want to include in your project site (you can add or delete them later). At the very least, include HOME and SITE INFO. Most projects would include ANNOUNCEMENTS, FORUMS, and RESOURCES. Add other tools as needed; click Continue.
- Choose “Publish site” if you want it accessible by participants
- Most projects should be “Private,” which means you control the participant list
- Confirm site details and click “Create site”
- Your project should appear in a new tab along the top of the screen; click the tab to enter your new project site
Adding participants to your project site
- To add participants, from within the site, click “Site Info” from the left-hand menu.
- Click the “Add Participants” button at the top of the window. IMPORTANT: use Rutgers NetID for all Rutgers participants. Use email address for people outside the Rutgers community.
- Participant roles will allow your group members to simply view materials or contribute materials. Assign roles; click continue.
- DO send email to participants if you want them to know how to access the new site!
- Click finish. Return to Site Info to see your participant list.