Sakai: Add yourself as a student
In most Sakai tools, you can see something very close to the student view. However, if you’d like to create a student account for yourself, that can be useful. You must have a private (non-Rutgers) email account for this :
- Log into Sakai and enter your site (by clicking on its tab)
- From the Site Info tool on the left, choose “Add Participants”
- In the *2nd* box, add your full external email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Click “Continue”
- Check “Student” to give your new alias Student access
- Click “Finish”
- You will receive an email message at your external account with your temporary password. Your email address ( firstname.lastname@example.org) will be your new user ID.
- Log into your external email to get your password. (You may have to wait up to 15 minutes to receive the email message from Sakai.)
- Log your “real” self out of Sakai and log in again as email@example.com (or whatever).
- Now you are your own student!