Google Chrome and audio recording problems in Sakai & VoiceThread
Sometimes, when students record audio in a Sakai quiz or VoiceThread, it looks like the audio records, but nothing is actually recorded. This may be due to their microphone settings in Google Chrome.
Check your microphone settings in Google Chrome
- Click on the menu button in the upper right of Google Chrome
- Choose Settings from the menu that appears
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”
- Under the heading Privacy, click on the Content Settings button
- From the pop up menu that appears: Scroll down to Microphone. Make sure that you choose a microphone here. Select either Built-in Microphone or a headset, if you use one. Do not leave the setting as Default.
- Click Done.