You’ll first need to view the instructions on how to access and install Kaltura before you can make a webcam recording. These directions are for creating new video with just a webcam and mic.
- Make sure your webcam is connected to your computer before you start
- Log into your LMS (Sakai, Canvas, eCollege) and find My Media.
- In Sakai, this is available on the left-hand menu under “My Workspace”
- In Canvas and eCollege, My Media is a tool that is added to your individual courses.
- Click the blue “Add New” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Your computer may ask you to launch an application. You should allow it to do so.
- The Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder will open on your computer. Choose Webcam in the lower lefthand corner. Warning: after you click this, Kaltura will give you 5 seconds before it starts recording!
- Speak your piece, then click “Done” to stop the recording
- A preview of the video will appear; click “Done” in the lower righthand corner.
- Input a title for the video next to “Title.”
- Click Upload
- Your video should then be available under “My Media” in your LMS.
A sample recording: